Material Safety Data Sheet
Valid from April 5, 2013 (91/155/EEC)
Product: Lignostone L II/2-E3, M II/2-E3, H II/2/30-E3, H II/1/30-E5, L I/2-E3, L X/2-E3, M I/1-E3, M I/2-E3, M X/2-E3
- Identification of the substance/preparation and of the company/undertaking.
Röchling Haren KG
49726 Haren, Ems - Germany
Telephone: 011 49 (5934) 70 1-0 (In USA, 1-724-696-5200, Röchling Machined Plastics)
- Composition/Information on Ingredients Chemical characteristics: Densified laminated wood with thermosetted phenolic resins
Dangerous Substances: NA
- Hazards Identification No particular hazards known.
Special advice for human and nature: TRGS 553 - dust of wood
- First Aid Measures Contact with Eyes: This product is in solid sheet form. Always use proper eye protection when cutting or machining this material. In the event that dust or particles contact the eyes during subsequent machining or cutting, administer eyewash in same manner consistent with company safety policy and consult physician. The particles are not considered to be otherwise hazardous.
Inhalation: Fresh air, if necessary medical care
Following Contact with Skin: N/A
- Fire Fighting Measures Suitable Extinguishing Agents: water, foam, dry powder, carbon dioxide, halogene
Special Dangers: Smoldering fires in layers of dust by streaming to fast with the fire extinguisher (dust explosion hazard)
Special Protective Equipment: For major fires, Self-contained breathing apparatus and personal protective equipment may be needed for large fires.
- Handling and Storage See remarks for fire and explosion protection (items 5 and 10). Store in a dry place.
- Exposure Controls/Personal Protection Assembly of technical equipment: Machines emitting dust must be provided with an exhaust system.
General Protective Measures: Take care for good ventilation. Avoid inhalation of the dust.
Inhalation protection: Use respiratory equipment (filtering device with particle filters, filter classification P2) if there is no special ventilation system.
Eye protection: safety glasses
- Accidental Release Measures Cleaning Measures: Working places and machines have to be cleaned regularly from dust and shavings by means of an exhaust system. Generally the cleaning with compressed air is not allowed.
- Physical and Chemical Properties Appearance: firm sheet, color of wood up to dark brown
Odor: according to the nature
Changes in Physical Characteristics: ( at temperature >130 ºC)
Density: 0.7-1.4 g/cm3
- Stability and Reactivity Hazardous dissolution products: No dissolution in case of correct application
Hazardous Reactions: Explosion hazard by dust-air-mix
- Toxicological Information Acute toxicity: Since 1982 the dust of wood is stated in the MAK-list as being cancer suspicious. Category II B: Dust of oak and beech is classified since 1985 as a material that could cause cancer.
Main effects: Category III A1: but with the footnote "epidemiological dusts" are clearly causing cancer: the cancer causing principle is not identified up to now.
Sensibilization: After sensibilation, the dust of wood can cause allergical reactions of the skin and respiratory tract.
Additional toxicological remarks: The material includes no halogenes, PCB- and PCT- compounds.
- Ecological Information Disposal: Waste code 17103. In accordance with the necessary technical regulations may be dumped or incinerated with household waste, after consultation with site operator and with the responsible authority.
General Remarks: :
- Transport Information This product is considered a non-hazardous product.
- Regulatory Information Further regulations and prescriptions: TRGS 553
- Other Information This information is believed by the technical staff at Röchling Haren KG to be true and accurate for the normal and intended use of this product as of the date that this MSDS sheet was produced. Since Röchling Haren KG has no control over the actual use of this product, it is sole responsibility of the user to determine the proper protection with regards to safety and disposal of this product. Röchling Haren KG further recommends consulting local regulatory agencies to determine applicable laws and regulations. This document should not be construed as guaranteeing specific properties of the product described or their suitability for a particular application.